Saturday, January 8, 2011

As I stood in my check lane today I watched people come in and out of the store. My thoughts took me to the recent shootings in my town and across the country. I wondered if there had been someone doing their job, watched the shooter walk in and not even realize what they were about to witness. That man walking in with a large coat on...could he be carrying a gun. If I make him mad will he shoot at me. If he is mad at his boss will he just start shooting randomly. If he can't find what he wants will he.....well, the questions pop into my mind as I stand at a register full of cash and not many people around. Who was that guy sitting in that running car outside the door. Is he waiting for something? Should I be concerned.
It makes me sad that I find myself wondering these things. All I want to do is help you get your purchases made so you can take them home to your family.
Thank God that we don't sell guns!

No comments:

Post a Comment