Sunday, November 27, 2011

So, it's Thanksgiving. A time to reflect on the bounty we enjoy in this country and be thankful. Families get together and enjoy a meal and time together. Christians thank God, the provider of the feast....so..... I was just wondering....what did all those people buy on Black (Thanksgiving night) Friday 12 a.m.  that couldn't have waited until 8 am Friday morning. Did I really need to give up my Thanksgiving so you could buy those 2 bananas???
I can appreciate a good bargain like anyone else...but sacrificing my family time so that you can buy ANOTHER TV at midnight?
Well, just another step away from the thing that made this country great. I can sure see why some people are humbug about the holidays. It's all about the stuff we want and the man wanting to sell it to you first. Cold and impersonal. I even got cussed out by a lady who thought it was too much trouble to take her 'price match' (that I'd already told her was not eligeable) to the service desk. I don't make the policy! You're Christmas shopping. Christmas...the celebration of the birth of the Savior who came to give you eternal life. And you're swearing at me!!!!
Well, most of the people were having fun and in a much better frame of mind. But really........
Would a thank you have been too much?

No comments:

Post a Comment